Friday, June 1, 2007

what goes around...changes

i lent my sleeping bag to a homeless person one evening and gave him its storage bag as well to use as a pillow. the next morning i found my sleeping bag at my doorstep but not the storage bag. a few weeks later when i saw the man again i inquired after the missing bag and was informed that it had been stolen.

the other day after purchasing my new macbook i tried to fit it into my backpack but miscalculated and was at a loss for how to get it home on my bicycle. i was reluctant to ride home one-handed showing off a much coveted laptop for fear of having an accident or worse, being robbed there on the street. i asked the salesman for a bag which it so happened had a long drawstring like a laundry bag. i placed the laptop inside, drew the bag closed and draped the string over my shoulder. while the apple logo was clearly evident on the outside, i felt the laptop inside was more discreet and thus a bit safer. i could now ride home with two hands! after arriving back at my apartment i had the thought that this bag could be used to store my sleeping bag and you know what? it does, perfectly!

1 comment:

apasaja said...

Nothing lost. Nothing gained.